I can’t figure out why Biden picked Kamala is the title of a post over at Bookworm Room.
I’ve tried really hard to figure out what Kamala brings to the ticket and I’m stumped. Here are all the things that I think are problems with Kamala. What’s stunning is that these problems cut across the entire political spectrum in America. It’s hard to see how anyone could like her …
and he goes on to list some of the major problems she brings to the ticket. She has something in her background to offend every member of the Democrats’ base as well as most swing voters.
1. She isn’t “African-American.” Her mother is from India, her father is from a Jamaican family of former slaver owners, and although she was born in California, she was raised in Canada.
2. Although her husband is a Jew and she has spoken out in favor of Israel’s right to self-defense, she favors the Iran nuclear deal which would allow Israel’s existential enemy to develop nuclear weapons.
3. Her husband is a white male.
4. As Tulsi Gabbard pointed out, Harris was the scourge of the underclass when she was a District Attorney and State Attorney General in California.
5. She was so unpopular in the primaries that she dropped out before any votes were cast.
6. She’s a hard leftist who Marxist views don’t play well with either of the moderates still remaining in the party. (And won’t attract many swing voters.)
7. Her attacks on Catholic judges haven’t been well received by the practicing Catholics left in the party. (And won’t attract many swing voters.)
8. She isn’t the sharpest knife in the drawer, and her intellectual shortcomings will be obvious in any debate with VP Pence.
9. She sounds like a scolding Karen.
So why did she get the nomination?
FWIW, I believe we’re seeing a basic principle of management at work—First-rate people hire first-rate people; second-rate people hire third-rate people.
This November, we will see if the American people are first-rate or second-rate.